Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Don't you just hate it when...

a perfectly good, maybe even awesome, song reminds you of some REALLY bad memories?  The songs in this list are all great - in my opinion, at least - but they are attached to people and memories I would really rather erase from my brain storage altogether.  During those times when the associations were made, it didn't matter.  I was just enjoying the music and enjoying the moment.  But now when I hear these songs being played, as much as I still love them for the music and am still compelled to sing along to them, being reminded of the memories and regrets attached to them makes me wish that I never heard them at all.  Listening to them now, no matter how groovy or sing-along-able they are, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. How I wish that I could rewrite my memories just to redeem these songs.  

1. Matchbox Twenty - Unwell
2. Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
3. Edwin McCain - I'll Be
4. U2 - Original of the Species
5. Nickelback - Far Away 

No comments:

Post a Comment