Monday, July 23, 2012

Final Fantasy Tactics for PS1

A warrior takes sword in hand, clasping a gem to his heart...
Engraving vanishing memories into the sword,
He places finely honed skills into the stone.
Spoken from the sword, handed down from the stone,
Now the story can be told...
The Zodiac Brave Story


I am reliving my long-lost youth again by playing this game.  It's my all-time favorite.  It's much like playing chess.  You need to be a pretty good strategist to really enjoy it.  The story is fabulous, too.  Of course this is a Final Fantasy game, after all, so the indispensables are there: epic battles, unrecognized heroes, gods and deities, dragons, castles, princes and princesses, and a quest to save the world.  Too bad they never made another like it, though there have been so many that have adapted a similar format.  I'm so glad it could be downloaded for the PS3.  I highly recommend it.  Enjoy! 




1 comment:

  1. Final Fantasy Tactics was one of my favorite games back in the day, too, during what I'd like to think was Square's heyday. I found Tactics' gameplay much more engaging compared to those of the numbered entries in the series then, and I loved how you always had to think one or two turns ahead in every battle -and how you had to be prepared to rework your strategy every so often in case something goes awry.

    One thing that always bothered me about it, though, is how some of the game's text sounded a bit... odd? I'm not quite sure how to explain it... Some parts of the game like the characters' battle quotes came off as awkward for me, though I always thought that that might have been the result of a spotty translation job. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete