Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises


Finally someone got it right.  Christopher Nolan's trilogy of Batman movies is simply awesome.  He's the only director who gave the comic book hero the treatment it deserves.  Upon seeing the last installment of this trilogy, I felt so glad that I lived long enough to see Batman's story given justice. I've always had Batman as my favorite comic book hero.  For me he is the most haunted, complex, and compassionate of all the superheroes.  And he has the most incredible adversaries to boot.  His villains are just as cool, complicated, and disturbed as he is.  Of course the movies' visuals are fantastic, the actors superb, the action sequences gripping, the cinematography, sounds, and all the rest terrific.  But pulling it all together is the graceful and emphatic storytelling - this makes all the difference. I bet Bob Kane is up on his feet applauding Nolan for what he has done.  In my humble opinion, this "Dark Knight Trilogy" has put all other comic book-based Hollywood productions to shame. I hope you go see and appreciate it as much as I have. 

(I feel very sorry for the victims of the massacre.  It's just crazy how anything can happen in our world nowadays.  Gone was the time when you can sit in a movie theater and simply enjoy watching a film in peace.  What's wrong here, people?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment