Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Kiss - Mirabilia

This is my current project, "The Kiss" by Nora Corbett.  I simply love the design of this - the romantic air, the intimacy of the two lovers simply being with each other - it's quite dream-like and reminiscent of fairy tales where happily ever after is possible.  I've converted the gown's colors to blue, though, as blue is my favorite color.  Also, I will substitute the beads and Kreinik Metallics with locally available products, as Mill Hill Beads and Kreinik Metallics can be quite expensive and hard to come by here where I am.  The description in www.mirabilia.com goes:

Strolling through a garden abloom with pink and crimson roses, this romantic couple shares a sweet moment of their honeymoon.  Her gown is awash with pink iridescent Pebble Beads and blue, peach and pale rose Kreinik Metallics.  He, of course, is simply tall, dark, and handsome.



As of August 2012
As of October 2012

February 2013

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful conversion. Do you have the colors you used listed anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your conversion Can you send me your conversion colors. I would love to be able to do them on my own. It is absolutely gorgeous. My email is leighlaclaiborne@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete