Tuesday, November 27, 2012

This Means War 2012

On a whim (well, not really a whim since I have a huge crush on Tom Hardy), I picked up this movie.  It aired 2012 and starred Chris Pine, Reese Witherspoon, and Tom Hardy.  It was directed by McG.  I know many people might disagree with me, but I didn't really like it all that much (except of course, for the gorgeous Tom Hardy).  The premise was kinda cute, spy vs. spy, and all that; both of them trying to get the girl.  But it all came down to the inevitable predictable thing, in the grand tradition of romantic comedies.   It did have some genuinely funny moments, though.  That scene where Hardy's character hired a fake "family" which Pine's character had kidnapped and swapped with some really trashy replacements took the crown in my humble opinion.  The action scenes (what few of them there were) weren't so bad - the opening fight scenes were okay, and I liked the air-gun/paintball scene, too.  But this was definitely a chick flick.  It's good enough for something light and kinda funny on a boring night with nothing to do except pick up a random video and snuggle with a bag of potato chips. But I guess I'm not that into the chick flick genre after all.  I'd much rather watch The Dark Knight, or Inception.  Still, Tom Hardy is there, so what the hell. 



No comments:

Post a Comment