Monday, February 6, 2012

Mamma Mia!

I got the chance to see the musical "Mamma Mia!" last Saturday night.
It cost me a lot, but I enjoyed it well.  I also bought a ticket for my sister as a birthday present.
Since she also enjoyed the show, I was glad I didn't hesitate to spend that much for her.

I'm not that big of an Abba fan, but I do recognize the more popular tunes, of course.
My favorite part of the show was "Slipping through my fingers" because it was such
a touching scene - a mother grooming her daughter who is about to be given away in marriage.
The funniest part was definitely "Take a chance on me."  It was just hilarious, and the
song was perfect for that scene.  Next would come "The winner takes it all."  What a powerful
vocal performance that was.  I hope more people all over the world get a chance to see
a show like this.  I wish they would stage something like this for people who live in poverty.

Internationally acclaimed musicals don't often get to be staged in Manila, and when
they do, most only the rich can afford to see them.  I'm lucky to be able to see the few that
I have.  They say "The Phantom of the Opera" is coming soon.  I can't wait to see it.
It's a great favorite of mine.  I'll definitely start saving for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment