Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ghosts

There have been very, very few men in my "romantic" life. I have long gotten over them; it's been years since I last saw or spoke to them. I wish them well, but don't wonder what kind of life they're living and I don't make any effort to find out. They no longer stir any feelings in my heart. Except annoyance and irritation.

I'm nothing special. I am just one of billions of people out there, trying to live my days out peacefully in my own tiny little corner of the world. Yet they seem to not have even made the slightest effort to forget about me. They follow me around online. Maybe they google me or something. I hate it. I wish they'd leave me alone. I wish they'd forget about me completely. I don't want them to be thinking about me anymore. I don't begrudge them their memories, but I wish they wouldn't act on them. Why are they so fixated anyway? Are all men like that? Do they constantly update themselves about their old girlfriends? Is it a matter of pride and vanity for them? How stupid!

Perhaps it's too much attachment, too much fixation. Or maybe too much bitterness. In any case, it's been years. GET OVER IT! People ought to be able to live their lives without dwelling too much on the past, and without getting too attached to anything in this world. We're all dying, after all. Life is too short to waste on people who would rather forget and be forgotten - that would be ME.

So to all the ghosts out there who keep haunting people from their past, move along. The grass must surely be greener, the fish more plentiful, the honey sweeter, the women less opposed to being the victims of stalking, there on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment